Tuesday, March 1, 2011

[ALDERMEN:924] My Continuing Endorsement of the Animal Shelter Plan for Phillips County, Arkansas

Dear City Council Members,

I received a call on Friday from Doug Friedlander from the Chamber of Commerce, who has been working with a countywide coalition of elected officials (of which I was previously a part and in which capacity Mayor Willis now participates) that have put together a proposal for a countywide animal control effort that I believe is on the agenda for this tonight's meeting.

I understand that one of the proposals is to for Helena-West Helena to pay its share of the dues necessary to operate the facility through an in-kind provision of staff and equipment. This is a proposal that I made while Mayor and which I still endorse.

I have also been told that some of the partners in this proposal will be hosting an information session and reception to answer your questions prior to the council meeting at 5:15pm this Tuesday in the district court room next door the council chamber. I hope you are able to make time to attend that session to have your questions answered. Either way, this is a worthy project and I hope you will give it due consideration when it comes before you on tonight.

Thanks very much,



James F. Valley, Attorney

--
Shop at Amazon.com!

Honorable James F. Valley
Attorney at Law
P. O. Box 451
423 Rightor Street
Helena-West Helena, 72342
501-291-1735 Phone
888-946-5550 Fax

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HELENA-WEST HELENA, ARKANSAS CITY COUNCIL ROUNDTABLE" group.
To post to this group, send email to ALDERMEN@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to ALDERMEN+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ALDERMEN?hl=en.

No comments: